Sunday, December 19, 2010

Not a cake post

I haven't baked in a while, hence why I haven't been posting here.

I recently bought the ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer. I have to say, if you love using your Kitchen Aid mixer for your baking endeavors, you'll love making homemade ice cream with this beauty. Just follow ANY recipe recipe for homemade ice cream (you can find them anywhere in the Internet). Pour into the bowl, turn the Kitchen Aid on, and let it go!

Below is a video I made when I was making my first ice cream.  The recipe can be found here: http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2009/06/stop-screaming-for-ice-cream-and-start.html



I then decided to try on a strawberry ice cream recipe I also found online.  Not that I'm a big fan of strawberry ice cream, but my brother-in-law is, and since I'm bringing the ice cream maker to his folks house for Xmas, I decided practice was needed.  I decided to make another video as well. (making ice cream and videos is becoming addictive)

Things to remember:
Using this ice cream maker does requires some planning beforehand.
It's better to prepare the mixture the day before you're making ice cream. Or prepare it a few hours beforehand to let it set.
Store the ice cream bowl in the freezer, at least 15 hours. Better to leave it overnight.
Make sure you're ready to pout in the mixture into the bowl as soon as you get it out of the freezer.
Turn the mixer into the lowest speed. You don't want splashes all over the place. Trust me, the ice cream will be done in less than 30 minutes.
The ice cream will be like yogurt when you're done.  You can serve like that or store in the freezer for a couple of hours before finally serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment